Monday, April 20, 2009

A beginning......

I have done my best to try to avoid blogging. I thought I just didn't have the time for something that I couldn't see as directly beneficial. I have read the blogs of others and enjoy reading the stories of their thoughts & experiences.

Recently, I was asked again to write an article and, while it took me a while to get motivated, once I started I was on a roll and my 500 - 800 word article was over 2500 words. I guess I had something to say. The article had to be reduced for size to fit the magazine space and I felt that my personality was lost in that literary reduction.

In my daily professional contacts, I seem to come into contact with interesting people that make me want to speculate. I have wanted to have a forum in the professional industry organizations be able to discuss the wins, the losses and the "headscratchers". MPI has not listened to that need, so, for the these reasons, I think it is time I start to write a blog.

For the most part, I will try to keep this interesting..... for me, and maybe a reader. I see it as a kind of therapy; so I am not cocooned. I might muse about a meal or a hotel or airline experience. I will also tell the naked truth about businesses I come into contact with and their conduct; be it good and more importantly, bad. I have so wanted and needed a forum to tell about bad behavior and wrongs that I see & experience every day. We except bad behavior because we have become sheep. There was a great article about how we, the traveling public, accept the hassles of travel; http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30210457/. I thought this was a terrific article.

As I come across interesting professional bits like this as well as my own musings, I am now happy I have a forum to share. I will endeavor to post here as often. I just cant help but to wonder; "will anyone be reading?"

No comments:

Post a Comment