Friday, October 30, 2009

Avianca experience

Happy Halloween (or Day of the Dead if your so inclined).
I am traveling and realized it has been way to long since I just wrote some musings and thoughts about my travel experiences. So, over the course of next few days, I will punch out a few small blogs.
I want to start with my Avianca experience from Miami to Medellin.
I took Avianca last year and seem to remember they had old MD80/88's (which I fear those "T" tail airplanes after the AS crash off the CA Coast and is one reason I refuse to fly American). Well, they dont have the MD80's anymore.
This airplane, from & to Medellin was a brand spanking new Airbus A320. I mean I dont think it has been in service or off the assembly line more than 6 months. The seats are so very ergonomically comfortable, coach was almost tolerable.... now if only they widen the seats and realize that less than 30% of the population can not comfortably sit in a 16" wide seat!
Bravo Avianca!

No comments:

Post a Comment